Toyota Kirloskar India recently launched the facelift version of their successful model Camry in India with minor cosmetic updates. This hybrid sedan, developed on the company’s Hybrid Synergy Drive technology made its debut four years ago. The 2017 Camry is priced at Rs.31.98 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and boasts of more features compared to its previous generation.
Features on the 2017 Camry include
• New styled LED headlamps with projector lights and DLRs
• Revised LED fog lamps
• 18-inch 15-spoke alloy wheels
• Welcome lamp
• Auto folding and reverse linking outside rear view mirrors
• Reverse camera with sensors
• Wireless mobile charger
• Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
• Audio System with 12 JBL speakers
• Nine SRS Airbags
• Emergency Brake Signal
• Power reclining rear seats
• 3-zone Automatic Climate Control
• Vehicles stability control, hill start assist control and many more other safety features
Camry Hybrid hasn’t undergone any mechanical changes on its 2017 model. It is powered by the 2.5L four cylinder petrol engine that develops 158hp and coupled to a 44hp electric motor that combines to deliver 202hp worth power to the front wheels through an e-CVT gearbox.
The Camry 2017 makes use of the electric motor only in low speeds after which it gradually shifts itself to the electric-petrol engine combination. It delivers fuel efficiency of 19.16kmpl and touches 0-100kmph in 9.2 seconds.
Indian Automobile Industry has been growing tremendously year after year, as more and more auto companies unveil new cars and SUVs. Last couple of months had displayed one of the finest car launches ever witnessed in the global industry. It can thereby be presumed that coming months have more in store for the Indians in terms of exceptional vehicle launches.
• M&M launches a new feature loaded variant- W9 of XUV500
• W9 priced at Rs.15.45 lakh
• This could be M&M’s answer to Jeep Compass
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.