Maruti Suzuki has geared up for the launch of its most popular sub compact sedan, the 2017 Dzire in India on May 16th. The company dealerships have officially started to accept bookings for the same at a token amount of Rs.11,000. There is also an option for customers who have already booked the outgoing model to upgrade it to the third generation Dzire.
An overview of the 2017 Dzire:
• First of all, name has been changed from Swift Dzire to simply Dzire.
• Dzire 2017 gets premium features compared to the existing model, both inside and out. Built on Suzuki’s all-new HEARTECT platform (as on the all-new Baleno) that uses high tensile steel, the new model gets an increase of 20mm width and weight dropped by 105kgs on the Diesel and 85kgs on the Petrol variants, compared to the existing model.
• Striking design where the newly designed bonnet is the first that catches your attention. The hexagonal grille on the front gets chrome embellishment around and separates itself from the revised set of headlamps with projector and LED DRLs. The rear hasn’t undergone much change except for the new set of tail lamps with integrated LED lights and few traces of chrome. The exterior also boasts of redesigned alloy wheels as well.
• Inside the cabin, usage of upmarket materials is seen extensively compared to the outgoing model, thereby giving a premium touch to it. The flat bottom steering wheel with mounted audio controls, touch screen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity and navigation, compatibility with Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Traces of faux wood are spotted on the dashboard, steering wheel and door panels.
• 2017 Dzire is available in both petrol and diesel trims in four variants each- L, V, Z and Z+. The Petrol trims are powered by a 1.2L K-series petrol engine that produces 83bhp while the Diesel trims get power from a 1.3L DDiS engine that develops 74bhp worth power. The engines are the same as the existing model but with more efficiency. Both engines are paired to a 5-speed manual transmission and an automatic transmission.
• Safety features include dual airbags, ABS with EBD, seat belt warning alarm and few in segment first features.
• Price of the 3rd generation Dzire is expected to be carry an increased price tag in the range of Rs.20,000 to Rs.50,000 than the outgoing model.
• All New Dzire will compete against the likes of Tata Tigor, 2017 Hyundai Xcent and Honda Amaze in its segment.
Indian Government is on the move to curb pollution levels in the country taking measures at various levels. The latest one to hear is the mandatory requirement of a valid PUC (Pollution under Control) certificate for insurance renewal. The Honourable Supreme Court under a bench headed by Justice Madan B. Lokur and Justice Deepak Gupta released an order stating that all vehicles in the Delhi-NCR should have a valid PUC certificate to get the insurance renewed annually.
The most anticipated SUV of the year, Jeep Compass was officially launched in India on July 31st 2017. Being a locally assembled SUV from Jeep was one of the reasons that paved way for excitement towards this launch. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles had launched two vehicles from the same brand last year, but with a heavy price owing to the fact that they reached India through the CBU route. As a result, these vehicles did not fare well in the Indian market. This was when the company announced its decision to locally manufacture an SUV for retailing not just in India, but also exporting to all right hand drive markets. Now, the wait has come to an end and Jeep Compass rolls out with an affordable price tag with all components of a premium SUV.
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.