Indian Automobile Industry has been growing tremendously year after year, as more and more auto companies unveil new cars and SUVs. Last couple of months had displayed one of the finest car launches ever witnessed in the global industry. It can thereby be presumed that coming months have more in store for the Indians in terms of exceptional vehicle launches.
Let us take a quick look at few upcoming cars slated for launch in the country :
1. Ford EcoSport facelift: Ford will be launching the facelift version of its best-selling vehicle EcoSportin few more days. This compact SUV will sport new design on its exterior and new equipment on the inside. While there will not be any mechanical changes, there is also news that it might be launched with a 1.5 litre Dragon series three cylinder engine. New Ford EcoSport facelift is expected to be priced between Rs.7 lakh-Rs.10 lakh.
2. Range Rover Velar: The upcoming offering from Land Rover will be the new SUV, Range Rover Velar that was unveiled earlier this year. This model finds its place between Range Rover Sport and Range Rover Evoque. It will be available in 2.0L Petrol engine option and a 2.0L Ingenium Diesel engine option, both paired to 8-speed automatic transmission. This SUV is expected to carry a price tag in the range of Rs.80 lakhs to Rs.1 Crore.
3. Renault Captur: SUV fanbase has only grown over the years in India and as a result, this country has seen innumerable vehicles launch from the particular segment. Another much awaited launch is Captur from the renowned Duster family. This robust SUV will arrive in both Petrol and Diesel engine options, petrol coupled to 5-speed manual and Diesel to 6-speed manual. There might be also an Automatic variant in the offing. Price of Renault Captur is expected to range between Rs.10 lakh to Rs.15 lakh.
4. Maruti Suzuki Swift: One of the most anticipated caris the new Maruti Suzuki Swift. Its hybrid version was unveiled two months ago in Japan with minimal changes on the design. However the one that India awaits is predicted to carry major cosmetic revisions on the exterior and interior. The New Generation Swift is expected to come equipped with both 1.2L K-series Petrol and 1.3L Diesel engines in manual as well as AMT transmission. Reports state that the facelift launch of this old fame will be most likely in the first half of 2018.
• M&M launches a new feature loaded variant- W9 of XUV500
• W9 priced at Rs.15.45 lakh
• This could be M&M’s answer to Jeep Compass
• Edition C of Mercedes Benz C-class launched at a starting price of Rs.42.45 lakh
• Three models of C-class Avantgarde receive the new trim
• Edition C rivals BMW 3-series, Audi A4 and Volvo S60
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.