As another month came to an end, most of the auto companies reported a remarkable growth in sales of passenger vehicles on a YoY (Year over Year)basis. Apparently, the automobile sector seems to thank the pleasant monsoons and the implementation of the seventh pay commission for this growth.Some of the companies that came up with astounding sales figures were Maruti Suzuki, Toyota Kirloskar, Renault, Mahindra, Nissan and Hyundai.
• Maruti reported a sharp rise of 12.2% growth in sales volumes where around 12% growth was in domestic sales and 10% in exports
• Toyota Kirloskar shot up by 15% in domestic sales
• Renault went soaring high at 12,927 units in August 2016 with highest monthly figures ever, thanks to Duster and Kwid which could possibly have contributed to this steep rise.
• Mahindra sold 29% more vehicles compared to August 2015
• Nissan doubled up sales figures from 2809(August 2015) to 5918(August 2016) units
• Hyundai reported domestic sales growth of 6.7% while its exports grew by 17%
• Honda was the only company in this lot that reported a decline in their sales by 10.9% compared to August 2015.
In the last few years, 2016 has been the year of two digit sales figures for most companies. Interestingly, the festive season is yet to begin and the spirit will only add to the increase in these cumulative sales figures.
Volvo launched their premium SUV, XC60 in a new avatar at a price of Rs.55.90 lakh. The second generation model appears in only one variant named Inscription and is based on the company’s in-house developed SPA platform.
Jaguar Land Rover launched their much anticipated SUV offering, Range Rover Velar in India at a starting price of Rs.78.83 lakh. Bookings for this vehicle had already begun in the beginning of this month. The Tata Motors owned company has now officially revealed the prices of the different variants of this particular model that has its base variant priced at Rs.78.83 lakh and top end variant at Rs.1.37 crore.
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.