Jaguar XF made its Indian debut way back in 2009 as imported units. Later in 2016, when the updated version of XF was launched globally, the company also decided to manufacture the premium sedan locally and roll it out to the Indian market increasing its portfolio here. Now the day has come and Jaguar Land Rover India has launched the Indian Jaguar XF at a base price of Rs.47.50 lakh (Ex-showroom New Delhi) which is two lakhs lesser than the imported model.
The New Jaguar XF comes with few revisions on its features list as part of the local assembly. The existing three models of XF namely:
• Pure (Base) at Rs.47.50 lakh
• Prestige (Mid) at Rs.52.50 lakh
• Portfolio (top-end) at Rs.59.50 (Petrol) and Rs.60.50 lakh (Diesel)
are available on the Indian version too (All ex-showroom prices, New Delhi).
These models are available in two Petrol and three Diesel variants as the base model Pure does not have a Petrol variant. The Portfolio gets new 18-inch Helix ten spoke alloy wheels whereas the Prestige gets 18-inch (replacing the 17-inch) twin spoke alloy wheels. Petrol variants are powered by a 2L four cylinder Turbo engine that produces 240hp worth power and 340Nm of peak torque while the Diesel variants come equipped with a 2L Ingenium Diesel engine that produces power worth 177hp and 430 Nm of peak torque. Both engines are married to an eight speed automatic transmission.
All New Jaguar XF is built on the popular new generation ‘Advanced Aluminium Intensive Architecture’ that uses 75% aluminum thereby drastically reducing the weight of the car by around 190kg. An increase in the torsional stiffness by almost 28% is also evident while the weight has been distributed equally to both ends of the vehicle enhancing the balance of the vehicle. Interiors exhibit the premium business sedan feel with a 12.3 inch TFT instrument cluster and a 10.2 inch touchscreen infotainment system. Other features include 10 colour ambient lighting, smartphone connectivity, climate control and many more. Bookings are open for the Jaguar XF Made in India across all Jaguar dealerships in the country.
Image: Official website
• Mahindra Scorpio 2017 -the most powerful Scorpio ever launched
• Price begins at Rs.9.97 lakh ranging to Rs.16.01 lakh
• Gets plenty of updates inside and outside
• Mercedes Benz launches AMG GLA 45 and CLA 45
• Facelift versions also get a new Aero Edition
• Both cars get 19-inch alloy wheels and other cosmetic updates
• Both models are powered by 2L Bi-Turbo Petrol engine
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.