It’s raining discounts at the Indian Automobile Industry with vehicles being sold at rock bottom prices. A couple of days back, before GST came to force on July 1st, auto makers were offering discounts to customers as part of clearing stocks. Post GST implementation, the prices of most vehicles have come down and as a result the car makers are willing to share the benefits to the customers and have once again announced huge discounts on various models.
Beginning with India’s popular car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki, the company has cut down prices with discounts ranging from Rs.2300/- to Rs.21000/- across various models. India’s second leading car manufacturer Hyundai has also come up with price discounts as much as 5.9%. Unlike others, Hyundai has announced price slash on its entire Indian lineup. Tata Motors have cut down prices upto 12% ranging between Rs.3300 and Rs. 2.17 lakh. Mahindra has brought down prices by almost 7% on passenger vehicles while commercial vehicles have prices down by around 1%. Toyota too has shared GST benefits to its customers by offering various discounts on its popular models. Nissan announced the price reduction of its cars by almost 3% which included the Datsun Brand as well. Honda Cars India has reduced their vehicle prices ranging from Rs.10,000 to Rs.1.30 lakh. Ford has cut down prices on its models while customers of Ford Endeavour will enjoy the highest discount of around Rs.3 lakh. Fiat, Skoda, Volkswagen are among other popular brands that have joined the bandwagon thereby wholeheartedly celebrating the GST implementation.
Here is a list of popular vehicles with offers and discounts:
• Maruti suzuki Alto 800 - Rs.2,300 to Rs.5,400
• Maruti Suzuki Wagon R- Rs.5,300 to Rs.8,300
• Maruti Suzuki Swift- Rs.6,700 to Rs.10,700
• Maruti Suzuki Swift- Rs.6,600 to Rs.13,100
• Maruti Suzuki Dzire- Rs.8,100 to Rs.15,100
• Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (Petrol)- upto Rs.21,800
• Maruti Suzuki Ciaz (Petrol)- upto Rs.23,400
• Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza- Rs.10,400 to Rs.14,700
• Maruti Suzuki S-Cross- Rs.17,700 to Rs,21,300
• Hyundai Grand i10- Rs.10,000 to Rs.15,000
• Hyundai Tucson- upto Rs.1.12 lakh
• Hyundai Elite i20- Rs.8,000 to Rs.13,000
• Hyundai Eon- Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000
• Tata Hexa- upto Rs.15,000
• Toyota Etios- upto Rs.20,000
• Toyota Corolla- upto Rs.60,000
• Toyota Camry- upto Rs.70,000
• Toyota Innova- upto Rs.40,000
• Mahindra Bolero- Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000
• Mahindra KUV 100- Rs.34,000 to Rs.42,000
• Mahindra Scorpio- Rs.6,600 to Rs.12,100
• Mahindra TUV 300- Rs.36,000 to Rs.41,000
• Mahindra XUV 500- Rs.65,000 to Rs.75,000
• Nissan Micra- upto Rs.40,000
• Honda Jazz- upto Rs.10,000
Tata Motors launched the limited edition Tiago Wizz in the country at a price of Rs.4.52 lakh for the Petrol variant and Rs.5.30 lakh for the Diesel variant (both ex-showroom prices, Delhi).
Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari warned the automobile industry to come up with advanced technology to develop vehicles using alternative fuels instead of petrol and diesel. He also pointed out that he wanted the pollution and import bill to be reduced in the country. At the 57th annual event organized by SIAM to discuss on various programmes for the Automobile Industry, the Transport Minister clearly warned the auto makers that without choice, they will have to move to production of vehicles that run on electricity, bio-diesel, ethanol and compressed natural gas; else he will bulldoze the existing fuel setup completely that is polluting the country. He also added that the government has a crystal clear policy to reduce the import bills of crude oil and arrest pollution to a great extent.
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched on 13th January 2017
• Addressed as a premium urban crossover, Ignis comes with a lot of unique features for the Indian specific model
• Available in both Petrol and Diesel trims and expected to be priced around Rs.5-7 lakh approximately
Hindustan Motors has signed an agreement with Peugeot, selling Ambassador Brand and certain related rights at a sum of Rs.80 crore. It also said that the proceeds of the sale will be used to clear all pending dues of employees and lenders.
Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Honda WR-V (Winsome Runabout Vehicle), the sub compact crossover was unveiled at the 2016 Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. Now, Honda is about to launch the same here in the country on March 16th, 2017. As WR-V rolls here, India will earn the name for being the first country to produce and launch it in the world. Previously named as the Jazz Twist, this crossover is based on the company’s best seller Honda Jazz but is slightly longer and taller than the latter.