Ducati Scrambler 1100 was launched last month in India with three variants namely Scrambler 1100, Scrambler 1100 Special and Scrambler 1100 Sport. These three were priced at Rs.10.91 lakh, Rs.11.12 lakh and Rs.11.42 lakh respectively (Ex-showroom prices, Delhi). Now let us take a look at what are the important things to be noted about the New Ducati Scrambler 1100 and its three variants.
1. New Scrambler 1100 is powered by a new L-Twin, Desmodromic distribution, air cooled 1079cc engine on all three variants. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox and makes around 85bhp at 7500rpm and 88Nm of peak torque at 4750rpm.
2. It is built on a new twin spar steel trellis frame and comes with an aluminium double sided swing arm.
3. New features on the Scrambler 1100 include ABS, Bosch cornering ABS, four step traction control, ride-by-wire technology, big piston brake pads, and adjustable clutch and brake levers.
4. The ride-by-wire technology features three riding modes with varying throttle responses on the new Ducati Scrambler 1100. Active mode for aggressive rides, Journey mode for smoother rides and City mode for city rides. While Active and Journey modes give out 85bhp of maximum power, the City mode gives out only 75bhp for easier ride through the traffic.
5. Scrambler 1100 gets spoked wheels, lower handle bar, brown quilted leather seat, chrome exhaust headers and many more features.
6. Scrambler 1100 base variant is offered in two shades- Black and Yellow. Other two variantsare available in single shades- Special variant gets Custom grey and Sport variant comes in Viper Black shade.
7. Scrambler 1100 Base and Special variants get 45mm adjustable Marzocchi front forks and Kayaba adjustable monoshocks at the rear for suspension. On the other hand, Scrambler 1100 Sport variant gets 48mm Ohlins adjustable upside down front forks and Ohlins adjustable monoshock at the rear. 8. Special variant of the Scrambler 1100 weighs 211kg while the other two variants weigh 206kg each. 9. Braking power is rendered by Radial mounted twin disc brakes with four piston Brembo calipers on all three variants. 10. With the price tag, Scrambler 1100 competes with Street Triple RS and Bonneville Speedmaster from Triumph and other bikes in the same price range