BMW Motorrad commences Indian operations through BMW group officially. Initially the brand used to sell its products through importers here in Mumbai and New Delhi. But now, the global portfolio comprising of premium motorcycles from the brand reaches India through company’s official dealership network in India. The dealership network is expected to begin with stores at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Pune while the company plans to widen its presence in the country soon. Mumbai, Bengaluru and Pune showrooms will be inaugurated in the upcoming three days.
The motorcycles will be retailed after division into five categories namely Sports, Tour, Roadster, Heritage and Adventure. The models from the entire line-up that reach India through the CBU route include:
1. BMW R 1200 RS - Rs.15.90- Rs.16.90 lakh
2. BMW R 1200 RT - Rs.18.50- Rs.21.50 lakh
3. BMW K 1600 GTL - Rs.25.90- Rs.28.50 lakh
4. BMW R 1200 R - Rs.14.90- Rs.15.50 lakh
5. BMW S 1000 RR - Rs.18.90- Rs.21.40 lakh
6. BMW S 1000 R - Rs.16.90- Rs.18.90 lakh
7. BMW R Nine T - Rs.17.90 lakh
8. BMW R NineT Scrambler - Rs.15.90 lakh
9. BMW R 1200 GS Adventure- Rs.17.50- Rs.21.40 lakh
10. BMW R 1200 GS - Rs.15.90- Rs.19.50 lakh
11. BMW S 1000 XR - Rs.18.50- Rs.21.50 lakh (all ex-showroom prices)
Apart from this, BMW has also shook hands with TVS Motors to launch their Indian made BMW G310 R and G310 GS very soon.
Image: Official website BMW Motorrad