Last week, Hero Electric- the company that sells the largest number of electric bikes in India introduced Hero Flash at Rs.19,990 (Ex-Showroom New Delhi).
Here’s a quick overview:
• This all-electric scooter is powered by a 250W motor with a 48 Volt, 20Ah VRLA battery that helps the vehicle commute a maximum of 65kms in a single charge.
• The conventional looking scooter weighs as light as 87kgs.
• It comes with magnesium alloy wheels, telescopic suspension, under the seat storage space and a full body crash guard.
• It does not demand a riding license or registration, which makes it all the more attractive.
• The price tag of Rs.19,990 is inclusive of the government subsidy of Rs.14000 due to the collaboration of Hero Electric with SMEV and the Department of Science.
• The battery takes 6-8 hours for a full charge.
• The vehicle claims to deliver a top speed of 25kmph which clearly states that it is meant only for short travel.
• It will be available as a limited edition with only 2000 units for sale and online booking has begun.
Hero Electric plans to launch two high-end electric scooters with lithium ion batteries by next year. Being friendly to extreme age groups and an eco-friendly vehicle with no needed registration or license is enough to make the Hero Flash quite popular from teenagers to old people.