While people around the globe have been surfing online to catch reports of the new bike from KTM, the Duke 390 was spotted testing at pune roads recently. Even though this is not the first time the bike has been spotted testing in India, bike enthusiasts are hoping the launch date is somewhere round the corner.
From the numerous images published online, a couple of things are clearly evident on the profile of this Duke who is expected to make its global premiere at the EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, in November 2016.
• The profile of Duke 390 seems to have drawn inspiration from its big brother, 1290 Super Duke R who has gained prominence already over other street fighters with its magnificent looks. The 2017 Duke 390 is believed to borrow one or two paint schemes from the elder sibling.
• On its inside, the engine seems to have been modified and the exhaust weight increased so as to comply with the Euro 6 emission norms. Hence, the new Duke 390 is hefty by around 4kgs than its previous model.
• The 373cc single cylinder engine is equipped with its state of the art ride by wire technology which guarantees a smooth ride throughout with a much sharper response.
• Images revealed riding mode switches, a metal fuel tank, bigger tail lamps, redesigned mudguard and better positioned seating.
• LED headlights and a colourful instrument cluster mounted atop the handle bar compared to its predecessor.
• Reports online suggests that the front end has separate function forks, one to handle the damping and one for the rebound.
• Expected to have Bluetooth connectivity with GPS enabled on the instrument cluster to sync with smartphones.
Apparently, Austrian automaker has been running its final test runs from which it is evident that the street fighter is ready for launch soon. Seems like the world will have to wait another couple of days to have any official confirmation on further details and the launch date.
Image Courtesy: Autocar