Maruti Suzuki has geared up for the launch of its most popular sub compact sedan, the 2017 Dzire in India on May 16th. The company dealerships have officially started to accept bookings for the same at a token amount of Rs.11,000. There is also an option for customers who have already booked the outgoing model to upgrade it to the third generation Dzire.
An overview of the 2017 Dzire:
• First of all, name has been changed from Swift Dzire to simply Dzire.
• Dzire 2017 gets premium features compared to the existing model, both inside and out. Built on Suzuki’s all-new HEARTECT platform (as on the all-new Baleno) that uses high tensile steel, the new model gets an increase of 20mm width and weight dropped by 105kgs on the Diesel and 85kgs on the Petrol variants, compared to the existing model.
• Striking design where the newly designed bonnet is the first that catches your attention. The hexagonal grille on the front gets chrome embellishment around and separates itself from the revised set of headlamps with projector and LED DRLs. The rear hasn’t undergone much change except for the new set of tail lamps with integrated LED lights and few traces of chrome. The exterior also boasts of redesigned alloy wheels as well.
• Inside the cabin, usage of upmarket materials is seen extensively compared to the outgoing model, thereby giving a premium touch to it. The flat bottom steering wheel with mounted audio controls, touch screen infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity and navigation, compatibility with Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Traces of faux wood are spotted on the dashboard, steering wheel and door panels.
• 2017 Dzire is available in both petrol and diesel trims in four variants each- L, V, Z and Z+. The Petrol trims are powered by a 1.2L K-series petrol engine that produces 83bhp while the Diesel trims get power from a 1.3L DDiS engine that develops 74bhp worth power. The engines are the same as the existing model but with more efficiency. Both engines are paired to a 5-speed manual transmission and an automatic transmission.
• Safety features include dual airbags, ABS with EBD, seat belt warning alarm and few in segment first features.
• Price of the 3rd generation Dzire is expected to be carry an increased price tag in the range of Rs.20,000 to Rs.50,000 than the outgoing model.
• All New Dzire will compete against the likes of Tata Tigor, 2017 Hyundai Xcent and Honda Amaze in its segment.