MU-X, A new SUV from Isuzu Motors India was launched in India on Thursday replacing the MU-7 from their Indian line-up. This robust utility vehicle comes in two variants- a 4x2 variant priced at Rs.23.99 lakh and 4x4 variant at Rs.25.99 lakh (Both Ex-showroom Delhi). The MU-X shares its platform with the new-generation D-Max and rivals against the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. The MU-X had conquered the global market until March 2017 after which a facelifted version of the same was launched there. The facelift MU-X will reach India in another year or so, depending on how good the Indian markets welcome this model here.
Highlights of the MU-X:
1. Available in single trim- 3L turbo diesel, in-line four cylinder,DOHC engine that produces 177bhp and 380Nm of peak torque. This engine is bonded to a 5-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift and brake shift lock.
2. Isuzu claims the MU-X get a mileage of 13.8kmpl.
3. Ground clearance at 220mm makes it ready to conquer any terrain with ease.
4. On the outside, twin slat chrome grille, projector headlights, LED Daytime running lamps, dual-tone front and rear bumpers, diamond cut alloy wheels with multi spokes and chrome embellishments on the door handles and tailgate are few notable features.
5. Inside, the seat pattern of this 7-seater is entirely different from the other SUVs available in India. The second row gets a full seat option while the third row gets two individual seats.
6. Cabin gets a well-equipped dashboard with 7-inch infotainment system, multi-functional steering wheel, plush seats, surround audio system mounted on the roof, reverse camera, keyless entry, cruise control and many more features to challenge its rivals.
7. Safety features include dual airbags, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution), hill assist, electronic stability control, traction control etc.