Last week, Maruti Suzuki silently launched a limited edition car, their last update on the present generation Swift Dzire. With just months left for the 2017 Swift Dzire to be launched in the country, the existing model was given a final update in the form of an add-on package and named Allure. Hence this limited edition that is available in all existing variants will get only cosmetic tweaks for a premium appeal while mechanicals remain the same as the selected trim. Apparently, the model is yet to reach all dealerships across the country after which it will be available only for a limited period in all colours as the existing Swift Dzire.
Contents of the add-on package will be as follows:
• New side skirts and an ‘Allure’ sticker on the body
• ‘Allure’ badge of chrome below the variant badge at the rear
• Plenty of chrome appear on the bumper corners, window frames and the boot section
• On the Inside, plush seats with a dual tone of beige and brown faux leather and a set of ‘Allure’ labeled pillows
• Traces of faux wood on the dashboard and steering wheel wrapped in faux leather
• Front centre armrest, ambient lighting and Dzire carpets in beige adding to the premium feel
• Nertz music system (optional)
Under the hood, the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Allure maintains the same engine as the existing model. The 1.2L petrol engine churns 84bhp and 115Nm of torque while the 1.3L DDiS diesel engine develops 74bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both trims are available with a 5-speed manual transmission while the diesel variant gets an AMT option too.
Maruti Suzuki has not yet officially revealed the prices for this limited edition. It is expected to have some clarity once this sedan reaches all nationwide Maruti dealerships.
Image: Official website Maruti Suzuki