Maruti Suzuki has launched the New Swift 2017 in Japan and it is just months away to the Indian launch. It is expected to reach India in the second half of 2017 and there has been some real buzz about it for quite some time now.
The unique and most loved car since 2005 has chosen a new avatar for the 2017 launch and is being awaited by the enthusiasts all over.
Here are a few changes that make the upcoming Suzuki Swift class apart:
• All new Swift 2017 carries contemporary design with fine touches of magnificence throughout its silhouette. Interiors have been splashed with elements of grandeur and innovative technology that challenges its rivals.
• Built on the SHVS mild hybrid platform that framed the Baleno, all new Swift has turned muscular but lighter by almost 100kgs.
• Exteriors sport a hexagonal honeycomb grille with a black slat under it, projector headlamps with LED day time running lamps, LED tail lamps, fog lamps, a prominent bonnet and chiseled bumpers that make it the all new Swift 2017. Outside Rear View Mirrors with indicator lights, rear door handles on the C-pillar and 16 inch diamond cut alloy wheels are all new features on this third generationSwift.
• Interiors are upgraded with the latest technology which includes touchscreen infotainment system that syncs with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, multifunctional steering wheel with a flattened bottom, a new dashboard and fine upholstery, Multi Information Display on the instrument cluster, auto climate control, rear AC vents and tons of other features.
• Indian Swift 2017 is expected to hold on to the existing 1.2L K-series petrol and 1.3L DDiS Diesel engines while they mightbe retuned for more power. Sources have been reporting about Suzuki planning to bring other engines like 1.0L Booster jet or a 1.5L diesel too on the New Swift.
• New safety features like Dual Sensing Brake Support and Adaptive Cruise Control are also heard to be introduced along with other features.
• Indian launch dates have not been officially announced yet even though the car is already on sale in Japan. New Swift will be making its global debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2017. Prices are expected to range between Rs.5-7.5 lakh in India.