Toyota Kirloskar India recently launched the facelift version of their successful model Camry in India with minor cosmetic updates. This hybrid sedan, developed on the company’s Hybrid Synergy Drive technology made its debut four years ago. The 2017 Camry is priced at Rs.31.98 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and boasts of more features compared to its previous generation.
Features on the 2017 Camry include
• New styled LED headlamps with projector lights and DLRs
• Revised LED fog lamps
• 18-inch 15-spoke alloy wheels
• Welcome lamp
• Auto folding and reverse linking outside rear view mirrors
• Reverse camera with sensors
• Wireless mobile charger
• Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
• Audio System with 12 JBL speakers
• Nine SRS Airbags
• Emergency Brake Signal
• Power reclining rear seats
• 3-zone Automatic Climate Control
• Vehicles stability control, hill start assist control and many more other safety features
Camry Hybrid hasn’t undergone any mechanical changes on its 2017 model. It is powered by the 2.5L four cylinder petrol engine that develops 158hp and coupled to a 44hp electric motor that combines to deliver 202hp worth power to the front wheels through an e-CVT gearbox.
The Camry 2017 makes use of the electric motor only in low speeds after which it gradually shifts itself to the electric-petrol engine combination. It delivers fuel efficiency of 19.16kmpl and touches 0-100kmph in 9.2 seconds.